July 20th, 2015
Well, that’s it. My new website now is fully bilingual, as promised.
It has taken just about as I have estimated, and I have learned to work with a multi-lingual plugin new for me. What do I mean “learned to work with”? What’s the big deal, don’t I just translate? Well, what it means is this:
- How to ensure that everything I have in Hebrew (the default language here) I also have in English?
- How to synchronize the menus?
- How to make the accessibility text behind the pictures show in the right language?
- How to keep your sanity while monitoring changes and updates – that the translations stay updated, as well?
- What to do with the galleries?
And all this, because every plugin has different operation logic, and I have hitherto worked with a different one, today outdated. In addition, naturally, I have learned to display correctly the elements specific to this theme, which have no such options. So I learned som PHP programming, and done a lot of searching, for I am not the first, thank God, to look for the same answers on making their site multilingual.
לקריאה ב: עברית